Upland Contracting is a good place to start a career.
As a member of the Upland team, we offer unique chances to grow and build long-term careers.
At Upland Contracting, our leaders are here to help you set realistic goals for your career, talk about your skills and interests, and give you feedback and encouragement.
You’ll also meet other forward-thinking people who can share your journey and help you measure growth and opportunities in your field.
So, even though you have to take the lead, you can trust that we’ll help.
Upland Contracting gives you chances to grow and build a long-term career that are hard to find elsewhere.
Our projects are successful when we have the right people with the right skills, and we will work with everyone, no matter what their role is, to make sure they have clear goals about how to learn and gain experience on the job to reach your goals.
We believe the best employees are long term employees. Relying on training and mentorship for our newer operators, labourers, mechanics and other personnel.
Upland Contracting is committed to providing our employee’s with a safe, diverse and supportive working environment. Only through our employees can we provide our valued customers the guidance and expertise needed to carry their vision and requirements to completion. This philosophy has allowed our company to prosper since 1969.
We know the most important part of our company is the employees; we have a comprehensive OH & S policy in place to ensure safety of our work force is job #1. Every project is different so each project has its own SSMP, all workers are required to take part. The preservation and protection of our environment is important and we employ a rigorous Environmental Management Policy. All work site EMP’s are job specific and all workers must take part in the pre job EMP awareness training.
We are always accepting resumes for qualified truck drivers, equipment operators and labourers.
Careers at Upland Contracting
Current Available Positions:
We are currently seeking a Senior Estimator/Project Manager, if qualified, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Estimator/Project Manager
As Estimator/Project Manager, you will be responsible for proactively sourcing projects to bid, completing proposals, submitting tenders and then, if successful, managing the project through to completion. You will ensure that the project is running to schedule, working closely with the contract manager, clients, consultants and sub-trades to ensure any problems are addressed quickly and keeping the project on budget.
- Review proposal specifications and drawing to determine scope of work
- Preparation/coordination of cost estimates, tender submissions and budget proposals
- Prepare quantity take-off of materials and identify subcontracted work as required in the bid tendering process
- Preparation of full cost estimates including complete take-offs and soliciting pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Conduct reviews of proposal specifications and project documents, interpret pricing from subcontractors and suppliers
- Post tender submissions and tender negotiations including analysis of sub-trade pricing
- Participate in closing of estimates and submission of tenders
- Preparation and maintenance of project cost reports
- Perform other administrative and estimating duties and responsibilities
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction, trades or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years construction cost estimating experience
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, MS Projects and Excel
- Heavy Bid and Heavy Job software experience an asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Able to read and interpret building specifications and drawings
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing work environment
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to create and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, subcontracts, architects, designers, field superintendents, and internal staff
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.